​​Law Office of Amanda G. Proujan, PLLC

1315 14th Avenue

Longview, WA 98632

Tel: 360-998-3029

Fax: 360-425-2937

Email: amanda.agplaw@gmail.com 


  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey LinkedIn Icon

DISCLAIMER - The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.



We provide quality legal services with a small town, personal touch.  Listed below are just a few of our practice areas.



Your loved one has passed away, now what?  Probate is the process of administering the estate.  We will guide you through the probate process, whether your loved one resided in Washington or Oregon.  

Even if your loved one died several years ago, probate may still be necessary if part of the estate included real estate.  Some assets can pass outside of probate, but often real estate requires probate.  Probate is often necessary to settle title issues.


Having a will does not automatically mean you can avoid probate.  A will simply instructs the person administering the estate on how to distribute the assets.  The statute informs whether probate is necessary to make that distribution.    


If you are wondering whether your loved one's estate needs to be probated, contact us to schedule a consultation.  



No one wants to think about what will happen after they are gone.  Don't let state law determine how your estate will be distributed.  


Estate planning is not just for the very wealthy.  Everyone should make plans for the future.  There are useful tools for every income level.  An attorney can help you explore your options and determine what tools best fit your needs. 

Estate planning is more than just planning for your eventual death.  It also involves planning for what happens if you are unable to handle your own affairs in the future.  A good estate plan includes a durable power of attorney and healthcare directive to make sure your wishes are known ahead of time.


It is never too late (or too soon) to start planning ahead.  Contact us today to schedule a consultation.   



What if your loved one is no longer able to handle his/her own affairs?  If your loved one did not execute a durable power of attorney before he/she became incapacitated, a guardianship may be necessary.


Establishing a guardianship allows your loved one's affairs to be handled by someone appointed by the court.  That person could be a family member or a professional guardian.   Guardians are required to make regular reports and accountings to the court.


Guardianships can also be useful tools when administering benefits for minors.  Whether it is a professional guardian or a lay guardian, a guardianship may be necessary to handle your loved one's financial affairs or make medical and other decisions involving their person.  


Contact us today to schedule a consultation.  We address your questions and concerns with compassion.